As you get older, sometimes even the simplest everyday tasks can start to become challenging.
As the years increase your metabolic rate lowers, weight seems to creeo up, energy levels fall and chances of disease and injury increase. The good news is that with structured exercise and sensible nutrition for health and vitality you can delay and in many cases reverse these effects. Be fit, frisky, strong and agile despite those pesky grey hairs.
Enjoy flexibility and mobility
Play football with your grandchildren, dig the garden, carry heavy shopping or bend over with ease, have a strong healthy back, hit the ski slopes or go windsurfing well after you’ve received your free bus pass. Diets don’t Work 50plus Fitness looks at all the components of fitness, improving your everyday life so that you can enjoy it to the full.
- A gentle approach starts at a level you’re comfortable with and builds from there
- Closed chain strength training improves functional fitness and boosts the metabolic rate
- Open chain free weights and kettlebells improve co-ordination, strength and flexibility
- Both forms of resistance training dramatically increase bone density, prevent osteoporosis and improve joint stability and strength
- Varied cardio-vascular exercise keeps the heart and lungs healthy while preventing disease
- Advanced stretching and flexibility work keeps you loose, pain and injury free
- Gentle agility work keeps you light and nimble
- Core stability and lower back routines keep your back working properly
- Balanced nutrition allows for treats while maintaining whole food principles
The older you get the more pronounced the benefits of good nutrition and functional fitness become. Our oldest client is 84. Before embarking on personal training with us she was largely dependent on social workers and family for everyday tasks. With gentle but challenging (and fun) sessions she is now fully independent, able to carry heavy shopping, get around town, attend dance classes and enjoy her grandchildren.
Book a first consultation – free
What Now? The first step is to book a consultation. It’s free, and it’s a chance to meet your prospective trainer. In the consultation we will go through a health screening, lifestyle assessment, goal setting and look at where you are now and how you got there. Together we can then set out where you would like to be and how soon you would like to get there.
If you would like to know more about what to expect in the sessions, what sort of equipment we will be using or have any other questions, have a look at our FAQ section. You can of course also call or email us and we’ll be happy to answer any questions that you may have.