Who are we?
We are Diets Don’t Work Personal training and our address is 2 Hoffman Close, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG422JS . You can contact us by post at the above address, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by telephone on +44 (0)7830148300.
When do we collect your personal data?
We collect data when you;
- Make an enquiry via our website or phone call
- Book in for a complimentary consultation with us
- Sign up to one of our transformation programmes, nutritional or sports therapy services
- Book into personal training, or any type of session with us
- Complete our online lifestyle survey ahead of your initial Assessment
- Sign up to our newsletter via our website
- Enquire about work or positions within the team
- Recommend a friend
What personal data do we collect?
- When you make an enquiry via our website or phone we collect your name, phone number and email address.
- When you sign up to our services we collect additional information such as billing address, payment details, emergency contact details, previous or current health conditions that could affect your training etc.
- When you purchase a service from us all of your transactional data is recorded and stored on our systems.
- Throughout the duration of your training programme we take progress photos and body fat measurements
- Any copies of health / medical notes for sports therapy or rehabilitative purposes.
- Payment card information
Why do we collect this information?
Collecting this information allows us to ensure we are able to deliver you the best experience possible with us, ensuring your programme is completely bespoke and tailored to help you achieve your optimum result. Your email address helps us to confirm your bookings with us and notify you of any news, upcoming promotions and events.
What do we do with your information?
- Your profile information is stored on our online booking system and is used to track your bookings, visit history and payment history – it is also used to schedule future bookings and payment schedules.
- Your completed questionnaires are stored on our online questionnaire portal and are used to help tailor our nutritional programming towards your personal goals
- Your completed feedback surveys are stored on our online questionnaire portal and are used to analyse how well we’re doing – and in what areas we can improve on as a business.
- Your email address is used to send out confirmation emails for bookings, alongside any mews or promotions we think you might be interested in.
- If you apply for a job with us your CV is stored on our database of CVs incase a future position becomes available
- If you recommend a friend we will use the details you provided us to contact your friend (and also award you with a free massage if they sign up!)
- Your photos and body fat measurements are used to track your progress and help us to make sure we are helping you achieve your goals.
- In some cases we will use photos to share success stories both in-house and for marketing purposes
- Your information is stored in our database and is not sold to any third parties.
How long do we keep your information for?
- Your profile details (including name, address, billing information etc.) are stored on our online booking system – you can request for this to be deleted at your will, however we will not be able to continue providing services to you without having this information on our system.
- Transactional data is stored on our online booking system and cannot be deleted
- Progress photos, bodyfat measurements, health and medical notes etc. are retained for the duration of you being a client with Embody Fitness, and are held for up to one year post exit. You can request for this information to be deleted at any time.
- Payment card information is encrypted and stored for as long as you are a client with Embody Fitness. You can request for this information to be removed at any time post—exit.
Your rights over your information
By law, you can ask us what information we hold about you, and you can ask us to correct it if it is inaccurate. You can also ask for it to be erased and you can ask for us to give you a copy of the information.
You can also ask us to stop using your information – the simplest way to do this is to withdraw your consent, which you can do at any time, either by clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of any newsletter you receive from us, or by emailing, writing or telephoning us using the contact details above.
Your right to complain
If you have a query or complaint about our use of your information, you can contact us directly on email@example.com .
Alternatively you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.ico.org.uk/concerns or write to them at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe HouseWater LaneWilmslowCheshire